Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fourth of July

The fourth of July actually started on the third for us. I went outside to take Noah potty (our dog) and I heard this weird sound. When I looked up, there was a huge hot air balloon right above our house, about 20 or 30 feet up. There was one directly across the street from us too. You can see them in the slide show.
We went to the Real Salt Lake soccer game that night with some of our friends. If any of you live in the area you should definitely go to a game sometime. They are having a pretty good season and its a lot of fun. They put on a fireworks show at the end which was pretty good. I'm kind of tainted though when it comes to judging fireworks. I grew up going to Lake Tahoe for the lights on the lake (I think that's what it's called) show which is the best I have yet to see. We had a lot of fun. Xango has this deal occasionally where you get $20 seats, a xango/real shirt and meal vouchers for $15. Pretty cheap!
On the actual 4th, we went to a BBQ that a couple in our ward was having. My sis. Kaitlyn was able to com along which was way fun. We wanted to go see the Stadium of Fire fireworks show after the BBQ, but we only made it to the tennis courts on campus before they started. We could still see a good deal of it, it was just kinda far away. There is a pic. of Elle watching them in the slide show. She was totally focused in on them.
After the fireworks, we came home and played Guitar Hero with another couple in our ward. All in all, it was a pretty fun 4th!

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Elle is absolutely adorable! I'm gonna call tomorrow so we can catch up, ok?

Bethany said...

How fun. I heard the 4th can be pretty fun in Utah. See ya soon.